Thursday, November 1, 2007

random, weekend

1- SlashDot reports that the voting software will be released to the public for feedback.
The voting software/machines were a contraversial topic in the 2004 presidential/house/Senate elections and the 2006 mid-term elections. At first it was confidential and closed source now finally they realize that openness and transparency is the way to go.
The public will have a chance to test the software and report bugs/backdoors to the authorities. It is the chance for computer geeks who happen to be activists, or just computer hobbyists I guess. I urge everyone who has the knowledge and the expertise to participate.

2- N's Blog, http://blog.oneortheother.info/ has a post of a collective poem. Everyone seems to be excited about it and I found i to be interesting. Please check on it and contribute.

3- Music: I'll start here by listing my main influences; {Iron Maiden, Yngwie J Malmsteen, Joe Satriani, Metallica} ummm, just look them up if you haven't listened to them b4, you won't regret it.

I just ordered the 3 readers of this blog to do stuff, didn't mean it as an order just a recommendation. Hope everyone has a good weekend

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey thanks man for the link! I sure do more people participate, I'll post an update related post now.

Good thing they opened the software to the public, the management might have changed because that is a smart move!

Kaos said...

Np man. I liked the idea and so did many others

LoL @ the management change.. ya it is surprising when its revealed all of a sudden but am sure there was a long struggle for it to happen. It was since the presidential 2004 elections when hackers demanded the source code to analyze