Sunday, April 6, 2008

Another Scam (Phishing)

Well this one was sent to me over the weekend
An email came to me by a friend's name on the msn list.
========
Hi Mr./Ms.
You Have Received a Greeting Card Sent By a Friend To You From Our Site 123Greeting IF You Want To See The Card (((CLICK HERE))) <--- "thats a link to jtyjtyjty.9f.com//index.htm"
P.S: This Greeting Card Will Be Deleted Automatically After 7 Days From Now. IF You Want To Send Your Family/Frind/Lover a Greeting Card Then We Are The Choosen. "Typo lolol"



ALL RIGHTS RESERVED TO 123Greetings.com

==============

Ofcourse the fradulent link takes you to a place where they ask for your passwd. Looks like something like this



This method is called phishing. Two possibilities: A- it was sent on purpose (unlikely) B- It was sent because the friend was infected (most likely). A further investigation shall reveal the unknowns in the story.
The oldest trick in the book, yet people still do that. Again I recognize I put no effort in protecting the site's identity. No reason I should eh?

11 comments:

Navy Girl said...

first of all YAY ANA FIRST COMMENT :D

oo b3deen there is this key that make you all wondering .. " trust" you dont trust them just cuz they said sooo lol :D

nice handwriting by the way lol :P

Amethyst said...

Way3a;\

Big Pearls said...

I hate junk and spams

Shoush said...

I never knew this happened. ;/ Thanks for the wakeup call.

Anonymous said...

loooool 7aqara really, why the hell do they do that? sick people.

p.s: the world that i got bel verification is amefk @@

Anonymous said...

now i understand why ppl asked me to take off the verification word!

el wheel chair guy 7adda e7baaa6 LOL

o the word now is Xrich toz! toz feekom entaw @@ LOL

Desert-Roses said...

I always get emails from them..
or I think they used to send me all the time..
and I always thought ..what a silly name

123..o ba3dain???

yeah..

SURPRISE!!

You've got a sort of virus!!!
anyhow, I am not sure about the virus thingie..bs akeed such services do so..incase they spam!!

Kaos said...

Navvya: ur going for a record aren't u ;)?
heh, well maybe we call it mouse writing ;)? a new geek term?

Amethyst: Lawl, exactly my thought.

big pearls: ya, it was annoying at 1st and now its like a standard. The free market rule would've worked had hackers been given a chance to screw spammers over.

shoush: E deery balich shoush, things like that are just sent all around randomly.

soul: 7ad il7aqara isn't it? not only sick, but stupid and am not sure but but probably... u know what? screw em' ;)
lol, the word verification annoys me myself, you get the wierdest of combinations.

desert r0ses: Happy to cu around again
123 o ba3dain lol, love that. snappy sounding.

Navy Girl said...

enta with your cousin N will be locked in a geek facility LOL :D

oh and yeah always for the record ;)

vampyress said...

I hate it when it happens :P

Manutdfanatic said...

Geeks galore. Cool cool. Honestly, join up with N; start a Geek Corporation or something. I'll round up some geeky friends and help you two out too.

See, I am not so evil after all.