Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Your Brother is so kind

My younger cousin said to my sister. "How so?" my sister asks. "When we were in the airport, he asked me how are you and did you have fun? I was surprised, wallah okhooch 6ayyib" LoL
That made my day lol. I didn't even notice, sometimes a simple greeting or courtesy goes a long way

So am back from Dubai, was fun... kinda dusty when we went there.... it kinda broke the heat down but still it was dusty. They are thinking about instituting the monorail... well lemme rephrase that, they r working on it.. the infrastructure has already been built and and it is in its final stages. Didn't we have such an idea?

Yep, Dubai was enjoyable. I hate shopping, but shopping there wasn't bad. And they had discounts and sales everywhere.. Didn't expect it to be that cheap. Their vergin megastore was really mega. it was huge... and surprisingly good prices unlike the thieves we have here.
Hope that didn't offend anybody and if it did I don't care seriously the prices here are not similar to a more open market. I got GuildWars Factions for less than 7 kd, in Rihab the cd is like 20kd. Yes its that much difference.

Ya well Guild wars is an online game u c, and its similar to World of Warcraft WoW. I used to play that game till it got too demanding... from what I hear its much better than it used to be in Wow but u have to pay monthly and guild wars u just buy it once and then its free to play.. no subscription fees. I missed Wow and looking for a substitute... there r differences but guildwars is keeping me busy :)

I installed Ubuntu Linux on an older machine thinking it was time to get used to the system that should beat windows... I used earlier versions of linux and have sufferred w/ them. The biggest drawback was that a lot of the windows applications didn't work there. But now the Windows Emulator, aka WINE... get it? Its WINdows Emulator WINE. Its soo cool and has evolved sooo much that compatibility isn't much of an issue anymore.
So I installed it on the older machine expecting all kindsa problems recognizing the graphics card and peripherals and stuff. Because well, thats what used to happen.. every installation had to have soo much configuration and the installation would take a long time n stuff. The configuration and permissions and such would need forever to configure and there would be security isues... etc etc.. but to my surprise it just installed, and ran quite nicely on the 1st try... not only that.. it is sooooooo ez to use.. nothing like the older systems its pretty much plug n play now. Am gonna install it on my laptop and goodbye crappy laggy virus filled windows. The unauthorized versions r mostly messed up... did I just admit to piracy? well am redeeming myself LINUX RULEZ. Torrents r not piracy btw, they're sharing.. we all know sharing is caring.

Was chatting w/ Dr Shredd the other day about "tarsheed" and the energy crisis. He decided to research how much it would cost to build new generators. And he found this article talking about California serving 4 million homes w/ a 22 petrolioum power plants. Each plant costing about $500 mill. It would take sooo much less than that to redo the whole energy infrastructure here and since we have the money and lack the planing, umm shouldn't we get started? I mean u guys do know that we have a crisis. It would suck if AC's go out in the summer.

Well Amethyst has really inspire multipurpose posting honestly.. its like you don't have to choose.

All our music equipment are more or less busted for now... Amps need change of tubes. Guitars need change of strings. Need a bass guitar, dealing w/ online ordering is such a hassle.

As I mentioned b4, I was elected as the VP of PR (Public Relations) of alkoot toastmasters. Next meeting will be an open day w/ interesting activities. You might wanna check it out June 30th 19:15 - 21:30 in rumeythyya... going to create a blog for this particular club soon. will keep u updated.

Enjoy, and cya around


9 comments:

Manutdfanatic said...

Is it me or are you getting extremely boring by the day?

Hmmm?

Manutdfanatic said...

Andddd those colours!

*beep*

Amethyst said...

Lol, wayhek 6ayeb.. if that makes sense;p

Unknown said...

Heheh yeah that was a lot of topics..

Manutdfanatic said...

It was me.

=P

Kaos said...

manutd: am glad u came to peace w/ ur self :) even if thats the case don't *beep* and straight out cuss ok ;)? What did we say about censorship? c it is healthy to let it out :p

Amethyst: Inty wayhich 6ayyib ;). Your eyes, your smile, your cute girly shy laugh are mesmerizing.

N: indeed ;p

J o u j a™ said...

Loved the song =D

i just heard to the song cuz thats a long post and im about to sleep ;p

inshallah i will read it later ;)

Kaos said...

feminist: It is interesting that you actualy liked the song while your handle is feminist ;P

Anonymous said...

I was looking for enviromental thingies about Kuwait..
I found out
ena at 2005...the government gave US 51 billion to develop our sewage plan o other shit...and about tarsheed
the solar energy is massive here...
I dont know why they dont use that...