Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Toastmasters Humor speech

I just signed up for a humor speech contest, another one of those just do it don't think. I have to present it this Saturday and now I am in the proces of brain storming.
Basically it is not a comedy show, its a topic taht you pick up and present it in a humorous way. The time is 5-7 minutes.
So I am trying to pick a topic right now and I asked if I could use politics for example, it was recommended that I stay away from politics and religion. The problem is after getting used to the daily show and stuff, politics is like my favorite topic to make fun of its such an easy target
So far my list has:
-privacy (RFID chips could enrich the speech)
-Media (Propaganda focus)
Anyone has any ideas whatsoever?

9 comments:

Desert-Roses said...

RFID....I made a presentation about it once...PLZ... BIG NO, it is boring........
anyhow if you can make it funny then your so funny person :P


I was making fun of Kuwaiti kids showing up on TV and only singing on hala febrayer....
Ma5alaw shay ma '3anaoooh...
You know what!!! they even sang (mn 7obna laha nwafer laha)...
What sort of education system we have :p.....
our kids are taught to dance and sing :P....MAL KASOOOR!!

ba3ad sheno....madri :D!! I will think laterz maybe

L.R.643 said...

it does help to think of a funny topic when ur in a happy/ecstatic mood, so i recommend an overdose of caffeine and the best of luk!

Shoush said...

I love the daily show. :P

Too bad ur not one of those ppl who when nervous crack jokes.

Shoush said...

Sorry, can't help. Funny is not my thing.

Anonymous said...

It's really a nice thought. It could be better if you include funny things so that people could able to put their funny thoughts. I feel that funny things makes people comfortable and joyful.

Navy Girl said...

try to do something more like axis of evil ..

Desert-Roses said...

where are u?

Kaos said...

desert-roses: Well, all u have to do is agree w/ using rfid to invade privacy, so be the devil's advocate. Always a crowd pleaser. I won't use the RFID as a topic but it will be a part of it though. The contest in on the 14th of march, next saturday.

rangeress: I've been staying away from caffeine, as they say, it is a serious drug. But there are a lot of ways to get a creative process going, maybe a topic for another post ;)

miss-shoush: ahhhh you so funny b/c u say funny is not your thing, but it is LoooL you funny, sooo funny

speech-privacy: thanks for the encouraging comment, the whole speech is supposed to be humurous so, oh well all we can do is try I guess :)

Navvyia: Its not supposed to be a stand up comedy act. think of the humour part as a vehicle or means to get a message accross.

rose'o: Where have u been? been waiting for u ;p

Navy Girl said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i can see a hidden msg over here ;P well i wish you the best anyways :)